A few months ago I got the Samsung Galaxy Note international version and I am very happy with this purchase. This is the best phone I have ever had if we donâ€™t put the Nokia 3310 into the contest. It has the largest screen between smartphones and still not too huge to call it tablet, so everyone calls it a phablet.
Like I said, the Galaxy Note is amazing smartphone and can be used for many tasks that no other smartphones on the market are capable of doing. I use it for reading, web browsing, emails and drawing as my work sometimes requires it, but iPads and Galaxy Tabs are too bulkyÂ to carryÂ everywhere. Â The Galaxy Note has well executed one-size-fits-all approach so it is selling like cupcakes.
Â Everything was great till a few weeks ago when my Samsung Galaxy Note become slow. It is very snappy smartphone and one of the best I’ve ever had and I have had a lot of different smartphones for testing and personal use. Still the fact remains, it just became slow. Â I tried to uninstall apps I rarely use but still no luck. I tried to disable most services, like GPS, Wi-Fi, 3G, Power Saver, and email but still the Galaxy Note was slow.
I decided to scan my Galaxy Note with Lookout Security & Antivirus and AVG Antivirus Free but they didnâ€™t found anything suspicious. Checked if some applications are not using too much memory or processorâ€™s processing power but everything looked just fine.
I ran out of ideas and decided to start clean with the Galaxy Note. I formatted everything and started from scratch and now my Galaxy Note isnâ€™t slow anymore.
If your Samsung Galaxy Note has become slow then you can fallow these steps to make it fast again:
- Backup your music, videos, pictures and everything you find useful. You can use Samsung Kies to backup and restore your Galaxy Note.
- Make sure your contacts are synced with Google account so you wonâ€™t lose anything
- Now format your Memory card and Phone Memory/USB Storage. You can do it by opening Settings->Storage. Donâ€™t be afraid of doing it if your data is backed up from first step.
- Turn off your smartphone. Wait till itâ€™s completely turned off.
- Now you will have to factory reset your phone. Here is how – simultaneously press and hold Volume up, Home Button and Power Button and wait till the Galaxy Note logos appears on screen and then release the buttons. Wait for a little while till you see the console. Now using Volume up/down buttons and navigate to Factory Reset option and select it by pushing Home button. It will take couple of minutes to complete Factory reset.
- Afterward the Galaxy Note will restart and it will ask for your Google account information. Fallow the instruction on screen to setup your smartphone.
- Then you can sync your phone with Google account to get back your contacts
- Restore your files using Samsung Kies or other software you prefer.
This helped me to solve the slow Galaxy Note issue and I hope it helps you as well. Still not sure what caused its slowness but at least I found the way to fix it.
Let me know if you have better solution for fixing slow Galaxy Note or had any issues during the process described above.